Vine Archive, by Medium Plus
Explore the World, from Grape to Glass
A year-long series of international wines, offered to tasters in the Puget Sound area.
- 12 unique wines offered per month. (144 unique wines offered per year)
- Each monthly selection includes white, red, sparkling, late-harvest, fortified and pigmented (rosé/orange) wines.
- Selections are curated by Seattle sommelier Nick Davis.
- The perfect addition to any meal, social outing, formal study group, romantic escapade, wilderness adventure or introspective contemplation.
How It Works
- A flat cost of $500 for each month’s selection of twelve wines, including sales tax.
- Each monthly offer is an elective purchase, with no requirement to buy.
- Purchases are not automatic, so that you can buy when the time is right – every month or once per year! The Vine Archive selections make a great gift for any wine-buddy.
- Due to the specialized nature of the wines, quantities are limited, offered on a first-come basis each month. This is due to the specialized nature and scarcity of the wines.
- Each winery on our list is featured every six months (72 wineries featured per year)
- All wines are accompanied by detailed tasting notes, food pairing ideas and technical specs on viticulture and winemaking.
- Wines are furnished at our Sunday-afternoon Pickup Parties, held once-per-month at The 47 Wine Storage in downtown Seattle. Connect with Nick and the other Vine Archive tasters. These events are a great opportunity to engage with like-minded wine fans from around the Puget Sound, and to chat with Nick about the Vine Archive selections in-depth.
- Secure wine storage and personal hand-delivery options are also available.
Example selection for one month:
- Riesling Kabinett, Zeltingen, Mosel, Germany
- Moschofilero, Mantinia, Peloponnese, Greece
- Chasselas, Lavaux, Vaud, Switzerland
- Roussanne, Ballard Canyon, Santa Ynez Valley, United States
- Merlot, Columbia Valley, Washington, United States
- Barbera, Alba, Piedmont, Italy
- Syrah, Hermitage, Rhône Valley, France
- Bonarda, Mendoza, Cujo, Argentina
- Sparkling Blend, Trento, Trentino Alto-Adige, Italy
- Late-Harvest Sémillon, Sauternes, Bordeaux, France
- Fortified Malmsey, Madeira, Portugal
- Skin-Contact Tocai Friulano, Goriška Brda, Primorje, Slovenia
The Vine Archive Philosophy
Wine is beautiful, for it encapsulates the bounty of vineyards and artisans from all over the world in a humble bottle. In a way, one can visit a faraway place just by pouring a glass. For the curious taster with a world vision, a global expression of fine wine is offered with Vine Archive, along with a focus on hospitality and community.
The wine maven and beginner can be linked by curiosity, and in wine there is always more to discover. Winegrowing regions number in the dozens, with distinct grapes in the hundreds. Expanding one’s palate is a joyous ambition, and such a pursuit is made clear with the help of an informed guide.
One trait of human nature is that we don’t like what we don’t know. Such is the way that small children are often myopic fanatics for pizza, mac ‘n cheese and chicken fingers (for good reason). Knowledge is power, and for our palates there is no replacement for diverse exposure. The great chefs of the world continue to explore new tastes and textures. Our personal favorites may be limited, while many exciting options lay in wait.
In the beverage world, new options are often veiled by foreign labels and strong flavors. An initial taste of Campari can come as a bitter shock, yet the taste becomes acquired with future visits, especially as part of a Negroni cocktail. Wines offer similar challenges, from the sourness of Aussie Riesling to the chewy bite of Barolo Nebbiolo.
Vine Archive explores the full spectrum of tastes and styles. From silky Bordeaux Merlot archetypes to electric Napa Ribolla Gialla anti-classics, both renegade operations and storied Châteaux are fair game.
A focus on deliciousness and stylistic definition remain paramount. Wine should taste good, especially with food. As such, wine is meant to bring people together. In our modern world of increasing convenience, any commodity can be accessed with a single click and delivered anonymously to a doorstep. Such a disconnected experience may be a bit easier, yet abandons the direct interactions that make wine service so much fun.
Vine Archive celebrates our personal passions for wine by bringing people together, in a dynamic community of curious tasters.
60 Featured Regions
– Columbia Valley
– Walla Walla Valley
– Columbia Gorge
– Willamette Valley
– Dry Creek Valley
– Sonoma Coast
– Napa Valley
– Santa Ynez Valley
– Margaret River
– Barossa Valley
– Eden Valley
– North East Victoria
– Hawke’s Bay
– Olifants River Region
– Coastal Region
– North Region
– Central Valley
– Loire Valley
– Rhône Valley
– Trentino Alto-Adige
– Basque Country
– Castilla y León
– La Rioja
OLD WORLD, cont.
– Aegean Islands
– North Hungary
72 Featured Grapes
Melon de Bourgogne
Muscat Blanc à Petits Grains
Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris
Is this a monthly commitment?
Each purchase is elective, with no monthly requirement. Also, placement on the mailing list is not dependent on purchase history.
Are custom wine orders possible? (e.g. twelve red wines)
Absolutely. While separate from the monthly curated selections, we are happy to work with you on custom wine orders.
What is the delivery charge?
Attendance to our monthly pickup-party is included at no additional charge.
Hand-delivery is offered anywhere within King County for a flat rate of $40.
To preserve the integrity of the wines, we do not offer postal delivery.
Do you offer wine storage?
Our partners at The 47 offer secure climate-controlled wine storage in downtown Seattle, near Interstate-90. Lockers are available in various sizes, from 8 to 24 cases.
What are the specific wineries on your list?
As a special benefit for list members, specific wineries are revealed in our monthly email offer. Join our mailing list for free!
Do you guarantee the wines?
Yes, we absolutely guarantee the quality of each wine that we offer. Should there be an issue with any bottle, please let us know and we will gladly offer a replacement.
Why do you not offer postal shipping?
Wine is a delicate juice, and we aim to assure its condition as much as possible. An uncertain trip through the mail offers the risk of physical damage and temperature fluctuation, neither of which are beneficial. Plus, we would rather meet you in person, to chat about the wines!
Why the $500 price point?
Great wines exist at a wide range of prices, from $8 to $80 or more per bottle. Our monthly selections offer a mix of styles and price points, which provide a diverse and comprehensive tasting experience. For example, a delicious First-Growth Sauternes ($$$$) will accompany a fantastic DOC Barbera ($) in the same grouping.
How is Medium Plus set up as a company?
Medium Plus LLC is an entity registered in Seattle and Washington State, with active Federal Tax ID, WA Reseller Permit and a Wine Specialty Shop license from the WSLCB.
About Nick and Medium Plus
Medium Plus LLC is based in the Pacific Northwest, celebrating elevated wine and cocktails with creative beverage retail, events and education. Created by Seattle-native Nick Davis, the company was founded in May of 2015. Check out photos from past events on our main site: mediumplus.com/photos.
Nick is a bartender and sommelier, with a roster of professional experience in bars and restaurants around Seattle. With Medium Plus, he has hosted events for hundreds of attendees since 2015, and currently works with over 30 students in the study of wine and cocktails.
The Vine Archive project has been a few years in the making, inspired by Nick’s pursuit of tasting international wines. With 3000 examples and counting, he has been recording his favorite wines on Delectable since 2014. Between the tasting experience and regular travels to vineyards near and afar, Nick is excited to share his passion for wines of the world with Vine Archive.
Vine Archive Email:
Medium Plus Phone:
Monthly Pickup-Party Address:
The 47 Wine Storage
800 Maynard Ave S, Ste 001
Seattle, WA 98134
Vine Archive Mailing Address:
7511 Greenwood Ave N #306
Seattle, WA 98103